I finally finished two pairs of socks this week - washed and blocked them - and they are ready to wear. After starting the second sock of the Opal Petticoat pair six times, I ended up with almost identical twins. I really liked working with this yarn except for the fact that my ball of Opal had 4 knots in it! One appeared just before I finished the toe of the first sock and the other three all appeared at different places in the second sock - all in the foot! YUK! The only thing I can say is that this forced me to cut them off, join properly, keeping the colorway going, and then become semi-expert at weaving in the ends so that it doesn't show. All in all, I'm happy with the way they washed up and I'd use Opal yarn again sometime.
The blue pair are made from Regia Silk (a combination of wool, silk & nylon) - an absolutely delightful yarn to work with - so soft and smooth, yet holds it's shape. They washed up and dried well - but I haven't given them the "wear" test yet. This pair of socks was actually started on a 40" Addi Turbo circular in order to learn the Magic Loop method. I got through the leg and the heel and then couldn't meet up with my teacher again before I wanted to go on - so I transferred it to dpns and finished. I also did the second sock on the dpns. I'm not sure I like the Magic Loop method as I can't get my tension quite like I like it. It's dpns for me for right now.