Sunday, October 22, 2006

My First Shortrow Socks














I was determined to learn to do shortrow heels and toes on socks.
After seeing someone recommend the book, Simple Socks
Plain and Fancy, by Priscilla A. Gibson-Roberts, I decided
to order it from Amazon and patiently waited for it to arrive.
I pulled this yarn, Austerman Step, from my stash and went for it.

It's really not hard, and I'm pretty pleased with how my first
pair of socks came out. I'll definitely try this again! By the way,
in case you haven't used this yarn yet - it's really kind on the hands
as it has Jojoba and Aloe in the yarn. They washed up nicely and
dried quickly - however, it's about 80 degrees right now here in
Southern California. When will I get to wear my socks????

8 Comments:

At 6:42 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Those are some of the prettiest socks I've seen. I love the stripes and colors! I just got a copy of that book used, so i will have to try it out.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Deby said...

I love your socks. Step is so soft to work with too! Great knitting!

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger diosaperdida said...

congrats! They look really good!

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger roseygirl said...

I love theawe socks! I still have not managed to knit a pair of socks I just don't think socks are my thing :(

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Knitting Rose said...

Great job on the socks. They are pretty - I have thought about getting that yarn, but hadn't done - maybe now I after I see it knit up...

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger twellve said...

How do you like the book? I was thinking of getting it for the same reasons.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Julie in Texas said...

Beautiful! Great work.

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Abigail said...

Beautiful Socks! Well done. Thanks for visiting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home