Sunday, September 24, 2006

They're Done!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



They're done - they're finally done!  My Maple Leaf Socks are done!!!  With an anticipated trip to Durango, Colorado, for Thanksgiving, I just had to make myself finish these socks.  It will be quite chilly, I'm sure, in Durango at Thanksgiving, these socks scream "Thanksgiving Holiday" to me, so there you go . . . .  The first time I will wear them in on Thanksgiving Day as we prepare and have Thanksgiving Dinner with our daughter and son-in-law.  By the way, she has NEVER prepared Thanksgiving Dinner before, so it should be fun helping and teaching her the ins and outs of a traditional Thanksgiving meal preparation.  I only wish that our other daughter and her family could be there, but due to scheduling, etc., they can't.  Perhaps another time.  We have tickets to ride the steam train the day after Thanksgiving - can hardly wait! 



These socks were knit with Lorna's Laces in the colorway called Glenwood.  The pattern was written by Jeanie Townsend who makes her patterns available to the Townsend Sock Yahoo Group members.  See my side bar for a link to the group. 

5 Comments:

At 1:07 AM, Blogger Hawkesley said...

Beautiful socks!

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

I LOVE these socks, the colours are yummy!!! I hope to tackle making socks soon!

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger monica said...

Glenwood is my favorite colorway in the Lorna's, the socks are lovely.

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger roseygirl said...

Now theae are truly beautiful socks! I would love to own a pair of them,.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger JeanTownsend said...

These are just gorgeous!!
JeanTownsend

 

Post a Comment

<< Home