Saturday, June 03, 2006

Blue Little Companion Bag

After taking a 4 month break from making bags, I am back at it because I need a new bag or two! I actually made this one before I went on a trip with my daugher and son-in-law over Memorial Day, but it wasn't dry in time to take with me. Boo-hoo! All is not lost, though, as I had a nice new bag waiting for me when I arrived home. It's amazing how they change during the felting process (see pre-felted bag below).

Specifications: Pattern = My Little Companion. Yarn = Noro Kureyon color number 92, Araucania Nature Wool, color number 36 (denim) and a little bit of a denim color Cascade 220. Size 13 needles and 2 trips through the washer. Finished size is 9" wide, 6 1/2" tall, about 5 1/2 inches deep.

This is the first time I've felted with the Araucania Nature Wool and I have to say I was pleased. What I like about the Nature Wool is the variation in depth of color throughout the skein which seems to give a little more depth in the finished product.

To anyone who wants a great and versatile bag pattern, this is it!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a nice trip! Glad you all had a good time. And the companion bag came out great! I like the coloring alot =)

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger roseygirl said...

Love the bags :)

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Deby said...

Another great bag! Beautiful colors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home