Saturday, February 25, 2006

Christine's Bag

Image hosting by Photobucket
Felted, shaved lightly, and finished! This is the third time I've used the My Little Companion pattern - it just plain knits up and felts great! This one ended up about 6 1/4 inches tall (without the handles) and 8 1/2 inches wide at the base - such a practical size. Christine keeps score for the church league basketball that my hubby plays on every Monday night. I don't know her very well but have seen her and talked with her a couple of times when I went along to watch the guys play. She was really interested in another bag I was knitting at the time. When dear hubby suggested that it would be nice if I could make her a bag, the stash came to the rescue. I just happened to have these yarns in my cupboard that would be perfect for her bag! Thank you for your dedication to the weekly basketball, Christine - hope you enjoy this little surprise!

Image hosting by Photobucket
This is Christine's Bag before felting. I used Paton's Classic Wool in a denim blue heathery shade and Noro Kureyon in a light pastel colorway with colors from turquoise to pink to green and cream. I'm happy with how the color blended, but yet the Noro added some life to the bag.

3 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger Suzetta said...

Love the way you combined the yarns. They really llook good together.

What a thoughtful gift, I'm sure she will be delighted.

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That came out just lovely! i am going to have to check out that pattern- great job~

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger roseygirl said...

This is so pretty, I just love this bag, you did a great job! I have never tried felting so that is on my list of things to do along with SOCKS! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home