Friday, February 24, 2006

Glad Raggs Progress . . . .

Image hosting by Photobucket
Knitting with beads - slow but wonderful. After starting this sock with 252 beads prestrung, knitting a while and then making many unfixable mistakes, I frogged it and started over. I wasn't about to restring the beads, so I used the "crochet hook" method of applying beads the second time and didn't put quite as many on. Result - - I love it! I actually like the way the beads sit on the yarn better with this method, also.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Completed first glad raggs sock! It even fits. The yarn is Lang Jawoll (75% wool) in a color called grey marl. It actually looks light denim and will be perfect with my jeans! Handknit socks are so comfortable. Since Spring is just around the corner, I have already casted on and started the second sock so I can wear them before it's too warm! This sock was designed by Laura Anderson for the Six-Sock Knitalong. To learn more about the knitalong, click on the six-sock KAL button on the right.

3 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your socks are beautiful and I've enjoy looking at your various projects. I had an experience I thought I'd share with you. In one of your blog entries you mention the Yarn Lady store in Laguna Hills. Since I live in the San Diego area and travel to Orange County often I thought I would check it out. It is a lovely, very large store. I picked out some items and the total seemed a bit high but I didn't really think that much about it. Later when I was checking out my purchases at home I noticed that the Berroco pattern booklets that I purchased were $14.60 each. A quick search online gave me numerous sites where these same booklets were $5.85-7.00. I questioned the store thinking it must have been a pricing error. They explained that because of their exceptional customer service they charge a bit more. So they offered me a free coffee mug, which I declined. I just thought you might want to be aware of their pricing policy. As for me--you couldn't drag me through their doors again, I am thoroughly disgusted.

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Becky said...

I didn't know you were on the Six Sox group and making the Glad Raggs. Yours look great! I haven't started mine yet since I was working madly on Picovoli. I have the yarn and will be doing mine without beads.

I love the new purse, too. :)

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Sue--I love your Glad Ragg socks!!! They are great. I keep wanting to make these socks, but for some reason they are continually moved to the back burner. Excellent work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home