Sunday, March 19, 2006

Where's my mate??????


Image hosting by Photobucket



Oh, how I love this sock!  After completing a pair of socks, using the Glad Ragg pattern from the 6 sock KAL, and using beads, I just HAD to see how this same pattern would look without beads, using this yarn from Opal (Petticoat).  The colors are marvelous, the striping came out just right and it fits great - just needs a mate.  Never fear, sock, I'll cast on your mate today.  My DH checks out all my work, but gave me a funny look when I said I was actually going to wear this sock.  He should know, I've been into "fun" socks for several years - why not make them myself?!  I used size 0 and size 1 dpns and cast on 72 stitches, just right for my foot!


Image hosting by Photobucket


5 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Blogger Liz said...

I looovee Petticoat. nice sock there.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Jenny Raye said...

I love that Petticoat yarn, too. Thanks for stopping by--I was doing really well with the stash sock yarn, but picked up four pairs worth in one day! Yikes!!! All 4 have plans in the works for them, so I don't feel so bad. The rest are taking their time telling me what they want to be.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger soapy said...

What a great spirng colorway! Very nice job! I'm awaiting a couple sks of the petticoat to arrive soon I hope!

 
At 4:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are really cute! Well done!
~Roxanne~

 
At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful Glad Raggs!! That is a great colorway!

That pattern has got to be one of the most fun I have knit. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home