Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Mauve Ruffle Bag

This bag turned out so much cuter than I thought it would! The color in this picture is not exactly true - it's a bit more mauve than this, more like the unfelted version a couple of posts below. However, I'm extremely happy with how it felted - really fast and really thick and firm. When it came out of the washer - both DH and I said, "it smells like a dead animal in here!" I've never had anything I felted smell like that before. The woman I purchased the hand spun yarn from didn't know what all was in it as she won the fiber at a fair and spun it up. Could have been anything, I guess! But magically, when it was dry, the smell was gone! The pattern is called "Romantic Ruffles" by Kate Lemmers and you can get it free off the internet from here.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger Vicki said...

Nice bag. I went to the site you listed and got the pattern. Thanks.
I just finished a balloon bag and one with a built-in handle.
Working full time...when do you get to knit??
Vicki

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Deby said...

Love your bag. I have one similar to it and in color on my blog. But you have already seen it, you were there!

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Kissed Knitter said...

I love your bag! I also have done the same pattern and it is on my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home