Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Hand Spun Yarn Bag

The handspun yarn I purchased from a woman at the Pagosa Springs Fiber Festival over Memorial Day Weekend was absolutely a delight to knit with!  It was so soft and smooth and felt great in my hands.  It is the lighter mauve color and I combined some dark plum Cascade 220 with it to give it a tweedy look and more texture.  (Also . . .I didn't have enough of the handspun to make the bag entirely from that yarn - only 240 yards).  I am just finishing the I-cord handles and will felt it tonight.  I think I'll have absolutely NO yarn left when I finish - phew . . . that was close!  This is the first time I've used this pattern - it was really easy, but increasing for the ruffle was a pain, as I ended up with 320 stitches around on the top to knit 3 rows on and then bind off.  The pattern was FREE off the internet - I'll look for the link while it's felting and drying and post it with the finished product!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Blogger roseygirl said...

The color is just beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home