Thursday, January 19, 2006

Standing in the Shadow of Love Socks

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Since I love KAL's and I have a new love of knitting socks, I just had to join the Six Sock Knit-a-Long recently. This is the sock for December/January - called "Standing in the Shadow of Love". I am doing this one in Fortissima Socka yarn on size 1 needles. The sock patterns are designed by members of the knit-a-long and we do a pair of socks every 2 months - hence the name Six Socks (6 pairs per year). This is by far one of the most challenging items I've ever done, but love it. I will have to force myself to do the second sock - the new pattern is coming out on February 1st and I'm only one sock into the current project. You can only guess what I am doing every evening and on the weekend.

5 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Looks like we have another sock addict in blogland! I am glad you are enjoying them so much. I belong to the six sox group, although I never get around to using the patterns, yet.

Your's look awesome!

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger KniTaPaLooZa said...

Wow Sue! That is awesome. I can not believe that you did that so beautiful. I love the hearts and the heel is way cool. Great Job!

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger soapy said...

nice heel! AWESOME! Love the colors too...I see your getting the sock knitting addiction liek the rest of us....;o))

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Becky said...

You not only join the KAL, you knit the sox! I have joined but am waiting for the February pattern to get started. Your green socks turned out great. And these Shadow socks are a big leap! You go!

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger . said...

man, I love that, wish I could get the pattern, I'm seeing them everywhere. I'm just not a sock knitter yet, haven't been able to fully give it a good try and I'm just not ready too yet. But I like to put sock patterns away to do when I do learn how. It looks great, I love the hearts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home