Thursday, December 22, 2005

My First Completed Sock!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Yea - I did it! I went in to my LYS where I took the sock class and had the teacher help me with the Kitchener Stitch. I was totally intimidated with the Kitchener, but after she helped me do the toe of this sock - it's easy. I have some beautiful sock yarns that my secret pal 6 gave me, but I'm forcing myself to do another one of these so I have a pair - it does actually fit! Then it's on to the nice yarns that Liz sent me. It's true when they say that socks are addicting. . .

7 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Your sock looks awesome! Congrats on doing the kitchener. Now you have to avoid SSS, otherwise known as second sock syndrome. So far, it hasn't gotten me!

 
At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's great! I just dyed some sock yarn today and even though I've never thought about knitting socks before, I'm sure tempted now!

~Roxanne~

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

Great job! I am getting ready to start my first socks. Get that second one done so you can scoot around in the pair proudly!

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger soapy said...

Looks GREAT! Congrats! Beware thoguh socks can be an addictive habit you know.....;o))

Enjoy!

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Yeah! It looks great! It also looks lonely...so get busy. :)

I am almost done with Dad's second sock. (Yes, he got one and a half for Christmas) I can't wait to finish and start a new pair.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

great socks! congrats!! :)

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Anne Dovel said...

OH! I love it. I really want to learn how to knit socks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home