Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Another Knit-a-Long!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
OK, I'm a sucker for knit-a-longs. Actually, this one grabbed me because it looked quick and easy and I love how different it is. Also, I had 2 balls of Rowan Wool Cotton in a really nice plummy burgundy color that was beckoning me (just the perfect amount for the scarf, too). After casting on 180 stitches and then doing 2 more rows, one of which doubled the number of stitches, I realized that this is not going to be so quick. . . . it took me 2 1/2 hours just to get this far. Ouch! The Rowan Wool Cotton has a really nice feel and I think I'll be able to wear it around my neck just fine (a little sensitive to anything being right on my neck). Pattern is from Knit Picks and if interested in more information about the pattern or the knit a long, click here.

3 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger Mitchypoo said...

I love that burgundy color yarn! I've made those scarfs and don't give up, they are very rewarding, once you are done!

Hello to a fellow CA knitter! What is your favorite LYS?

 
At 4:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!
I just founded your blog, and I love your bags! Them are so cute!

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Becky said...

I like that color a lot. I'm making a scarf with a little darker purple right now.

I tried making a spiral scarf, but started it in chenille. Big mistake! It is a very different pattern.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home