Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Christmas Gift Finished

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The special gift is done - ready to mail! I've been dying to work with a fabulous yarn - Muench "Touch Me". It's so soft and luxurious and feels great against the skin. After finishing the bag for my mother, I knew exactly what I would do to try the Touch Me yarn - make a scarf to match - especially since she lives in Michigan. Of course her favorite color is purple (mine, too) and she also has a purple coat. No brainer! The Touch Me was wonderful to work with and didn't "worm" on me at all, which I've been told it can do. After knitting it, I threw it in the washer with some towels on a warm setting and washed it - which I was also told to do by a shop owner. This really scared me because I was afraid I would mess up all my wonderful knitting. It came out of the washer small and hard (sort of felted). But then, as I was instructed, I threw it in the dryer with the towels on medium heat setting and dried it! Wow - it came out the right size and soft and absolutely beautiful!! I'm sure she will love it - maybe she'll let me wear it once the next time I visit her in the winter time!! Ha-ha! After working with that, I just have to make something else out of Touch Me!! Oh - the pattern I used for the scarf was a reversible sort of rib pattern called the "Farrow Rib". It's a free pattern I got off the web and I can't even remember where I pulled it from. So, here are the directions. The pattern is a multiple of 3 + 1. Striving for about a 6 to 7" width of scarf, cast on 25, 28, 31, 34 or how ever many stitches, in a multiple of 3 +1, it will take to get correct width. Row 1 - *K2, P1*, repeat to end of row, ending with K1. Row 2 - P1, *K2, P1*, repeat K2, P1 to end of row. Repeat Rows 1 and 2 to desired length of scarf. For this scarf I used size 8 needles. This is really easy to memorize and comes out beautiful!!! And - it is absolutely reversible!!!

1 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Blogger Knitcrazy said...

Your Scarf looks sooooooooooooooo SOFT and cozy!

http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home