Saturday, November 26, 2005

It's a Hat!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I love this hat! It was so easy to make and felted really quickly and well. A plastic bowl that I found in my cupboard was just the perfect size and shape to form it over and dry. I've discovered that it can be worn several ways, flap up, flap down, on top of the head, in back of the head, etc. It fits me sort of on top and back on my head, and it fits my granddaughter so wonderfully coming down more on her head. In fact, she placed an order for one in pink! The yarn was a single strand of Wool of the Andes in Hollyberry from Knitpicks, and carried along with it was a single strand of Sock Landscape in Redwood Forest also by Knitpicks. Of course I've ordered more in other colors as I like the way it knits up and felts! The pattern is a free pattern on the Knitpicks site.

2 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Blogger Becky said...

I love this hat. I made it in the blue that Knitpicks shows in the pattern. Here's the link: http://www.knitpicks.com/Projects/Projects_Display_Yarn.aspx?itemid=50

It still comes up at that address. Yours looks great. When my dad saw the one I made for my mom, he told me I could make those and sell them.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Erica said...

Love it! I love bucket hats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home