Sunday, October 30, 2005

Navy Carry Bag in Process


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



I made myself a small tote bag to carry around smaller projects, but didn't have something larger for more "stuff". I found this pattern while shopping at Yarn Lady one day and knew it would be perfect. This has taken a while to knit as it uses 4 skeins of Cascade 220, double stranded. I felted the bag portion today (took almost 3 trips through the wash cycle) and now it's drying. The strap will get done whenever - it's one strand of Cascade 220 and one strand of Koigu Kersti carried along with it. Love that yarn! Since it has to be 12 feet (yes, 12 feet) long, it will take a while and whenever it's done, I'll felt it then attach it to the bag. The strap actually goes underneath the bottom of the bag for additional support and the bottom of the bag is a double layer so that a piece of plastic canvas can be slipped between the 2 layers to add support. Hope it works!

3 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger Becky said...

You've really done some great work! I love the stash buster/pink lady bag. The colors really did turn out nice in that one. Isn't felting great?

 
At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really interested in the strap treatment... I'm trying to make a bag for my mom, and I'm making it up as I go along. I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me how the nice edges to the strap are worked.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Becky said...

Time for some more fun!
TAG! you're it! The questions are at http://www.moonfrog.com/blog . Have fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home