Sunday, October 30, 2005

Grey Alpaca Sweater


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



I purchased two large skeins (about 1300 yards in all) of some wonderful charcoal grey 100% alpaca from Heritage Spinning and Weaving in Lake Orion, Michigan, while I was there visiting my parents.  The yarn is about DK or sport weight and very soft.  After trying a couple of things, I have decided that I need to knit with it so that it has a little more body and have started this sweater that is actually a pattern (after the 2 x 2 ribbing) of knit 1 purl 1 on the knit row and straight purling on the purl row.  It creates a little bit more texture and body to the finished product.  The pattern I'm making is a short sleeved cardigan with a low (but not too low) rounded neckline.  Since I'm using size 6 needles, this will take a while!  Will post finished sweater whenever I eventually get it done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home