Sunday, November 13, 2005

Blue Striped Bag


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Here she is felted! It actually still took quite a while to felt, but turned out nicely and the colors stayed very true. It also felted quite firmly and stiffly so this will be a bag that can hold it's own, that's for sure. Finished size ended up 10" wide by 6" tall and 4" deep. Again, thank you secret pal for the beautiful yarns you sent!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



After felting a project with yarn sent by my secret pal where I used that yarn exclusively, I decided to try adding to another type yarn and carrying the two together to see if it would felt faster. Since the yarn was a beautiful royal blue with little tiny flecks of other colors in it, I decided to clean up some of my stash and combined it with some royal blue Cascade 220 I had left and then switch and combine it with some navy blue Bernat Lana 100% wool yarn. I used the
My Little Companion pattern and just switched and designed the colors as I went. The pattern was actually quite easy and could be adapted by using several different types and colors of yarn for that "one of a kind" look.

1 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Beautiful Bags! That must be a hat at the top. I made a felted hat and it turned out great. You have gotten a lot done! Have fun with the KAL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home