Sunday, October 30, 2005

Small Green Bowl


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Here is the bowl after felting - it holds it's shape nicely, but wow - - - did it ever take a long time to felt!  After felting it's quite fuzzy, but for this bowl, it looks neat and unique that way.  I added a strand of a metallic gold in the last 3 rows I knitted before doing the i-cord bind off and then the ruffle.  It kind of gets lost in the fuzz, etc., but you can see it and it does add a little interest. 

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



I thought I would try my hand at knitting a small bowl (pattern from Carol in my felted bag KAL group) with yarn I received from my secret pal.  The amount of yarn I had was almost perfect for the bowl, only about a yard or so left over!  I'm not sure of the brand or anything as she said she purchased it at a fiber festival on the east coast, but it was 100% wool, so I was pretty sure that it would felt.

1 Comments:

At 4:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your ruffled bowl is so pretty...
May I put the picture of it in the photo album of my knitting pattern site? With your first name attached?
Carol
http://groups.msn.com/KnewKnitter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home