Sunday, October 30, 2005

Stash Buster Bag


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Finished product!  I didn't pay attention really well when I felted the first Pink Lady Bag I made and it shrunk down really small.  Sooo - this time I paid closer attention and pulled this bag out of the washer before it was too small.  I love the way that the colors muted and melded together.  This felting addiction is here to stay, I think.  My dear husband has shown my blog to some of the women he works with (he is an elementary school principal) and now he wants to take the bags I have made to school and "show and tell".  I told him that would be fine, as long as he brings them right back home (as I use them!)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



I had one skein of Cascade 220 in this beautiful purple color, and two skeins of Noro Kureyon that blended well with it.  After searching my patterns, I decided to do a variation of the Pink Lady Bag (without the tab closure and made the handle a little longer and finished it off differently).  I started the bottom of the bag with the Cascade double stranded.  Then dropped one strand of the Cascade and picked up 1 strand of the Noro and carried it along with 1 strand of the Cascade until reaching the top.  Then I switched back to double stranding the Cascade and knit the handles until I ran out of yarn.  Perfect! 

1 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

Very pretty- I agree, I really like the way the colors blended together! Nice work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home