Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Bag of Many Colors


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Bag of Many Colors (or Southwestern Bag because of the colors and finished look) is felting as I write this post. Attempting to use up some of my stash (to make room for new yarn, of course) I selected a skein of Cascade 220, color # 4008, which is a neat brick red, grabbed a portion of a left over ball of Lamb's Pride in a shade of turquoise, and added a skein of Noro Kureyon, color # 163, to bring it all together. I knit the bulk of the bag on a size 15 circular needle, carrying a single strand of the Cascade along with a single strand of the Noro. Then I switched to a double strand of the Lamb's Pride for the band around the top, which will fold down when felted. The I-cord handle was knit with a double strand of the Cascade on size 13 double pointeds. The whole thing only took 2 evenings. I've used this pattern before from the Knit One, Felt Too book and really like the finished product. It's almost done felting and I will post a picture of the finished bag when it's dry.

I was so excited to see a large envelope in my mail today which was supposed to contain two pattern booklets I ordered off the web for Manos Cotton Stria yarn, only to find that the supplier sent me the wrong booklets. They sent booklets for using the Manos wool yarn and I don't really care for the patterns. Sooo, a quick email should fix the problem (I hope) and I will have to be patient as the correct booklets work their way through the postal system. I saw the Manos Cotton Stria yarn at a yarn shop and just loved the look and feel of it and a finished sweater they had on display. The stash is ever growing, even though I keep digging into it and making things!

1 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Blogger Pseudo-intellectual lunatic said...

looking at that pic of yours i can't believe your old enough to hav grown children let alone be a grandmother.
what's ur secret

 

Post a Comment

<< Home