Thursday, September 15, 2005

Blue Jeans Bag


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Blue Jeans Bag after felting. The finished bag really does look like denim - the color stayed true and the bag felted up firm. Even though I felted it down as far as I could, the stitches are barely visible if one looks close. The finished size is 8 1/2 inches across the body of the bag and 5 1/2 inches tall at the body. If one wanted to carry a lot of "stuff", the pattern would have to be enlarged or felted less. Endless possibilities with this pattern for colors and altering (handles shorter, longer, etc.)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I loved knitting with this yarn - Cascade 220, color number 9414 - a denim blue. The yarn is plied with a lighter denim and a darker denim. I used the Pink Lady Pattern that I purchased from Noble Knits and just changed the color. A great pattern! It knits up fast and easy and I can already see so many different variations. I knit this double stranded on size 15 needles - aaaaaand - there is no I'cord! The handles are made by knitting up the sides and then joining at the top with the Kitchener Stitch (which I am still trying to get comfortable with).

3 Comments:

At 6:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the way the handles attach to the bag...bet's it's comfortable to carry! Really nice work! Melanie

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

supper cute! it did come out really nice in that color. I am going to have to get this pattern I think.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger KniTaPaLooZa said...

This bag is even cutier in person. I love it. Great Job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home