Sunday, August 28, 2005

Fall Bag


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

After Felting:

Finished product! This yarn (Crystal Place Iceland) felted REALLY fast and REALLY thick and firm. I originally made a 5 stitch I-cord and it came out too thick, so with the yarn I had left, I made a 3 stitch I-cord and it was just right. The colors definitely changed with washing and came out more red. With the right outfit, I think this will be great for the upcoming Fall. I called it my "Fall Bag" because the color progression in the yarn reminds me of Fall - green to a walnut color to a burgundy red.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Before Felting:

I used Crystal Place Iceland (100% wool) for this bag. It's a rather heavy yarn, a lot like Manos del Uruguay, probably even a little thicker. I knit it on a 15" circular needle, single stranded and it shrunk at least 50% during only about 6 - 8 minutes of washing. I think that this yarn would be really good for a bowl or something that a person would want to be really firm and thick - with the ability to stand up on it's own.

1 Comments:

At 6:54 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Your bags are so beautiful! Nice work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home