Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Away from home . . . .

No pictures to post as I am in Michigan for a few days. I brought projects with me that I have been knitting away on! Have a denim look bag almost half done and a really neat top made out of wool/silk almost half done. It's on #6 needles, so it's a LOT of knitting - but I love it. Will post a picture when I get home. I am here because my father is having major knee replacement surgery (which went very well, by the way) - however, before he went in the hospital, I was able to get away for a few moments and visited a charming knit shop in historic downtown Clarkston, called "A Basket Full of Yarn". They had many kinds and brands of yarn I hadn't seen before and I just had to purchase a scrumptious yarn that is 50% alpaca and 50% silk in a sport weight. It is a creamy off white with a little tinge of a peachy pink to it and absolutely feels like butter against your skin! I purchased enough to make a shell or tank top. There is another shop in Lake Orion that I hope to visit before I leave called "Heritage Knitting and Spinning". Check that out, Christy . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home