Sunday, May 15, 2005

Hand Dyeing Field Trip

Hand Dyeing Field Trip Posted by Hello
I spent this afternoon at the Stitch Cafe in North Hollywood - yea! We dyed cotton yarn today - these are my two skeins, a total of 1200 yards of 100% pima cotton dyed three colors, teal (which came out like denim), dusty rose and seafoam. I plan to make a light weight casual cardigan sweater out of it - I think it will look great with jeans, etc. Can't wait to work with it. This process was a little different than working with the wool and silk - but I think I'll like it. I plan to try dyeing yarn myself at home after I get back from a couple of trips I have to take soon. Absolutely addicting. . . .

1 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool! I love the colors!
Mel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home